Friday, February 25, 2011

Your Writings Made Me Happy

Received a phone call from the grandkids this morning.
Three of the four sat on their front porch yesterday at dawn
and wrote their early morning thoughts.
Each one witnessed the same morning evolve,
but their observations and expressions were uniquely their own.
One by one, this morning, they read their creations to me,
in which they had captured the dawn, the rain, the sounds, the smells,
a neighbor's departure and return, the clouds,
the bird songs, the bird nests, the squirrels, and their thoughts of spring.
Thank you, Aly, Megan and Joey
for sharing your world and your talents with me.
I am so proud of each one of you.
Keep Writing!

I love you dearly.
Your Mama

3 comments:

  1. Mama,
    Here is my poem.

    As I am sitting in my rocking chair
    the wind gently blows through my hair
    The clouds seem to scurry
    as though in a hurry
    Gradually the rain stops its patter
    as to tell us that cold days do not matter
    The air smells of wet leaves
    when the rain begins to leave
    The clouds slowly go past
    to show that clouds do not last
    And the birds begin to sing.
    A Poem by Megan Fuller

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Megan, I love your poem. The rhymes are great and your thoughts are well-articulated. Congratulations. I am impressed.

    Love, Mama

    ReplyDelete