Monday, February 21, 2011

Simple Gratitude


Last Week's Blessings

Wrote two poems; received a letter,
Could my week get any better?
Carla's knowledge and her ease,
When web-design had made me freeze!
Jessi commenting on my blog,
Starting a thoughtful dialogue!
A phone call from a dear friend's mother;
A verbal parley with my brother.
Lunch with a friend at a special spot,
And the laughter that our meeting brought.
A bird who chose to pose and stay;
Time with Mom on a "get-away."
A full moon glowing through the trees;
Daytime highs of eighty degrees!
Red Lobster and red roses, too;
Such blessings did my week accrue!
Then quiet time with breathing-space
To capture moments touched by grace.

Written by Linda Moser Winebrenner
21 February 2011

If there's a week when something negative happens, I am prone to let that
one negative thing permeate my mind and obscure my blessings.
I can usually put things back into perspective by writing down
the good things that also happened that week.  Simple but lovely things.
(That's my lovely 87-year-old Mom in the photo above.
She sure looks good - hope I have those genes!)

No comments:

Post a Comment