Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Christchurch, New Zealand



Woke up several times last night and kept finding images of 
Christchurch, New Zealand on my mind, and the earthquake that befell them.  
I don't know much about New Zealand, but hurting people I can understand,
and tragedy knows no national boundaries.  
I pray those still alive, but trapped, will be found and rescued.  
I pray those who are suffering life-altering losses will be comforted.
        An event such as this serves to remind me how 
precarious our journey on this earth can be and makes me 
even more determined to treasure the riches found in an ordinary day.  
It seems egregious and arrogant not to.  
Ingratitude truly scares me, believing, as I do,
that it is a presumptuous and dangerous thing.

Photo Taken at Ravine Gardens - Palatka, Florida

No comments:

Post a Comment