Saturday, February 26, 2011

In Search of Spring


In Search of Spring

Spring is tip-toeing all around us in north Florida, but my heart remembers too many freezes in March and April to be totally
beguiled this early in the year by Spring's allurements.
Still, I will take every 80 degree day that comes my way.
It was easier to do that when I lived in Venice, Florida,
where Spring often appeared in February and then 
just never went away.
A few years back I called Mom one morning and said,
"Let's go look for Spring!"
And, ever up to a challenge, she jumped in the car with me
and we drove around finding evidence of Spring.
The photo above was one of my favorite finds that day.
I think I shall call her in an hour or so, to see if I
can lure her out today in search of Spring
and its enchantments!
(I did call her...and she said, "Yes!")

6 comments:

  1. Hurray for 'Yes'! Have a wonderful day, I hope you find it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a bunch of robins in the bird bath,hint, hint.....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Andrea Dawn: We may have been a pinch too early...but I took a few good shots...and then we pacified ourselves with lunch at Olive Garden.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Janet,

    Why are you not out there taking their pictures???
    Probably because you're cruising down Manasota Key in the sunshine on your Harleys. I'm jealous.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We are also having signs of spring in South Carolina. There are pear trees in bloom and daffodils. We got a huge storm today with lightening since winter. It was quite scarily. We had tornado warning also.
    -Megan

    ReplyDelete
  6. Megan,

    I saw on the weather channel that it was headed your way, and I prayed for all of you (and everyone in its path). I am glad you came through it safely.

    ReplyDelete