Tuesday, February 15, 2011

The Leap

Daughter and granddaughter are already blogging.  I amble into these things hesitantly, cautiously.  But what fun it will be to share our lives this way.  I'm hoping this blog will erase the miles between us, my family and I, and, at the same time, introduce me to that wonderful world of blog-writers/photographers who bare their hearts with so much confidence, talent, and kindness.  I've been watching you, surreptitiously, for a long time, and I am inspired.  You have shared your own initial trepidations, but jumped in anyhow.  I salute your elan and shall try to emulate your spontaneity!

Granddaughter, Jessi, called just as I finished this first paragraph and she urged me to hit the "Publish Post" button.  I'm teetering, Jess, but I'm not quite there yet.

First, of course, I must insert a photo of a bird or a butterfly.  No blog of mine would be complete without one.  When my daughter, Carla, took my grandchildren and moved away to South Carolina, I sat in Florida looking at my camera, and I asked,  "What shall I do with you now?" and my camera seemed to reply, "Look for the beauty that remains."  So, I threw my camera over my shoulder, and I went out and found that I had an affinity for the beauty of winged-things.   And also for sunrises and sunsets, for foliage and flowers, for horses and emus, and whatever else strikes my fancy.  It is a lovely world, even when my day sometimes isn't...and my photos help me to remember that.

3 comments:

  1. TaDa! You posted it. Now EVERYBODY gets to experience your words :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So you can have a break?!

    You know, you could put this on my headstone:
    "Can I read you something I wrote?"

    ReplyDelete
  3. your words on my blog... they warmed my heart. welcome.
    xo

    ReplyDelete