Thursday, February 24, 2011

Heart Storms

Heart Storms
Some days I create my own emotional tsunamis,
and I hurt others in the wake of my storms.
I am so glad the Lord gave us King David,
the beloved, but oh so human, psalmist.
When I am ashamed of my own heart and its capacity
for pettiness, selfishness or anger,
I reach for Psalm 51.
It is a poem so gut-wrenchingly honest 
that it enables me to be so, too, before the Lord.
It's almost like King David takes me by the heart-strings 
and walks me through the process:
Sorrow ~ Confession ~ God's Forgiveness ~ God's Peace
restored to my wayward heart.
A process like that makes it so much easier, then, 
to go the human I've offended,
most often my husband,
and ask for his forgiveness, also.
And one of my husband's best qualities is
that he's never been a grudge-holder.
How blessed I am for that.

This "Storm Building" photo was taken at Anna Maria Island, Florida

No comments:

Post a Comment