Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Sweet Simplicity

Sweet Simplicity
Nectar for the bee.  Beauty for me.

Photo Taken at the Suwannee River

"Never lose an opportunity to see anything beautiful.
Beauty is God's handwriting."
Charles Kinglsey

Although I just found this quote by Charles Kingsley yesterday,
the idea it expresses is why I tote my camera everywhere.
Not because I think I am a great photographer,
but because the Lord is the Master Artist and Creator
of all the beauty I take the time to see.
 Sometimes I think, "He does it all, and I just point and shoot."

When I write a poem and someone tells me 
how it touched them, I am pleased.
So, when God paints a new sunrise every morning,
or causes a lovely flower to bloom,
is He not pleased, as well, when we notice it,
try to preserve it, or pause to thank Him for it?
I somehow think He must be.

No comments:

Post a Comment