Monday, April 16, 2012

Beach Couple, Hand-in-Hand


This couple was on the beach this morning
and went into the water hand-in-hand.
I thought it was so sweet.
When they came out, I told them I had taken their picture
because they reminded me of a quote I recently saw online.
An older couple, holding hands, was asked how
they had stayed together so long.
The reply was,
"We came from a time when, if it was broke
you fixed it, you didn't throw it away."
The wife in the photo above told me it so happens that they were celebrating their own Fiftieth Anniversary this weekend.
So, I came back to the RV and printed out this picture for them.  I walked down to their RV and she was sitting outside
and I gave it to her.  Her eyes welled up, then she said 
that she had told her husband what a gift my words
to them had been this morning, 
a perfect gift for their anniversary.
Now they have a photo, too, of their special weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment