Saturday, September 10, 2011

Breakfast and Tea Prepared for me...


Just a favorite memory of mine.
Granddaughter Jessi came to visit in December of 2009
and one morning she brought a wonderful breakfast to me 
while I was still in bed.
Menu:  Strawberries, Toast, Little Smokies & 
Constant Comment Tea.
My own grandmother's lamp lit my morning;
the teapot was a Mother's Day gift 
from daughter Carla and Greg;
the tea was friend Elizabeth's special blend, shared with me.
A photo I took of Jessi and Aly is in an old frame.
The teacup was a vintage find.
All these treasures, and the love they represent,
sitting on the bedside table my husband, Allen, made for me.
To this day, I remain grateful for that sweet morning.

3 comments:

  1. What a special moment to remember always!!! And made even more special that someone surprised you with breakfast in bed, surrounded by all these wonderful memories. Sometimes, stuff is just "stuff!" Other times, they are just chuck full of emotions, the past, friendships, and things shared with another. Thank you for sharing this! It made me want to make "a memory to remember" in someone else's life.
    And thank you for visiting me today and leaving such kind words!!! I appreciate yo so much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just beautiful, Linda. What a treat on so many levels. One never knows how the smallest kindness will be remembered . . . this obviously made a precious memory for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. all your remembered details are precious!

    ReplyDelete