Tuesday, April 19, 2011

In Response to my Daughter's Fear

            On March 23, 2011 my daughter, Carla, wrote: 
            "So, when did the avian obsession occur? Is it contagious?"
By my daughter's quaint expression,
(And I guess that I'll concur)
I have an "Avian Obsession,"
That's been diagnosed by her.
She's asked if it's contagious,
But what is there to fear?
It's not likely that John Audubon
Will suddenly appear
To decry my ornithology
Or judge my photo shoot;
And chasing feathered friends around
Won't make me dissolute!
So just relax, my daughter,
It's really not so scary;
The "Avian Obsession"
Is not hereditary!

2 comments:

  1. Yes indeed . . . gifted with words, photos and a great sense of humour, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm honored you think so, Andrea. Your kind words always make my heart smile.

    I don't write the over-the-head, hard-to-understand stuff...just bursts of gratitude, a laugh here and there, or something that tugs the heartstrings. That's about it.

    ReplyDelete