Thursday, January 26, 2012

A Mom-Conversation not to be Forgotten


Mom and I were at Olive Garden yesterday 
when this conversation occured.
We both had coffee and inside the top of the cup the following words were written:  Caffe' la Toscana.
Mom:  What does that mean?
Me: I have trouble enough translating Jessi's messages in French without attempting Italian.
Mom, after a pause:  Well, it might say 'Your coffee is poisoned."
Me: Touche!  I'll ask our waitress.
Answer:  It translated something along the lines of 
'Coffee from the region of Tuscany."

My mother keeps me on my toes!

2 comments:

  1. How funny . . . I think you must get some of your wit and humour from her.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think our family armor is comprised of humor, Andrea. It keeps all of us from being overwhelmed, sometimes!

    ReplyDelete