Tuesday, July 19, 2011

An Alcove of Peace





Converted the dining room into an oasis this morning.
A place to motivate myself to 
answer a letter, write a poem, make a journal entry.
A place to dream, a place to pause long enough
to capture the moments and preserve the memories.
Just a few favorite books, a favorite cd to set the mood,
a favorite quote, a cup of tea, a pen and paper.
I think it will inspire me to allow more time
for quiet thoughts and gentle pursuits.
I've only written one paragraph in this alcove of peace
but already I am enriched.

4 comments:

  1. Linda, I was so glad to see your post . . . missed you! Hope you were refreshed and renewed in your alcove of peace! I tried to post a comment earlier in the day but was having trouble again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Andrea and Fisherlady for sharing the peace with me. Solitude shared is special!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad I found you here today. The title of your blog just fits, as you are a "word weaver!" I went back and read some of your previous posts, and I just love your writing. And your special place? LOVE it! It's amazing what the right setting will do to inspire, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete